Saturday, March 19, 2011

Cronos (1993)



 How did I miss this? I love Guillermo Del Toro and I love Ron Perlman. Now there's a Criterion version? I'm sure Emily told me to watch it like 8 years ago, too. Shame on me.


A Mexican antiques dealer named Jesus Gris unwittingly finds a small golden device hidden inside of a statue at his shop. This crazy mechanical bug was built by an alchemist in 1535 and can help you live forever! However, a chronically ill but extremely wealthy old man, De la Guardia, and his nephew Angel are also in pursuit of this device and will stop at nothing to get it.




It's bloody, it's creepy, it's beautiful to watch. You should watch this awesome movie. It's currently available on Netflix Watch Instantly.

I read an interesting tidbit on IMDB that made me laugh. When Del Toro was approached by Universal about buying the rights to remake the movie for the American market he replied ""Who wants to see Jack Lemmon lick blood off a bathroom floor?"


Go enjoy some movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DreamHost promo