Tuesday, March 1, 2011

51 (2011)

Hello folks!

Lately, I've been getting my bad movie fix at my favorite online "TV" station on justin.tv. So I before I continue, I must give Synth a shout-out for supplying me with an outstanding selection of bad movies and MST3K episodes.



That being said, I just finished watching 51 and it is EVERYTHING you've hoped for in a Syfy original! Pretty quality acting, good quality effects, lots of blood and a ridiculously wonderful plot! Score!


 Plus, lets talk about a mash up of actors. You've got the twin brother of the guy from Mallrats, Bruce Boxleitner, a guy who looks like the cheap Mexican version of Warren Beatty and that Sgt. Hannah lady. I was trying to figure out for half the damn movie where I knew her from. So I start going to imdb.com when it hits me! And I sink a little as I remember where I've seen her.


 Firstly, Rachel Miner was married to Macaulay Culkin for a minute there, but she was also in a little movie by Larry Clark called Bully.

Yikes!

Anyway- so I guess you want to know what happens in 51, huh? Well some reporters are let into Area 51 by the government in an attempt to seem open about military secrets. While visiting, an alien named Patient Zero that can morph to look like anyone it meets and another alien attempt to escape. They kill a lot of people along the way. Some other alien fights him and shit. There's blood and yelling and things blow up.

Sold?

 
How about now?

 

Now?

Well, I actually laughed the most at the over-use of the establishing shot of the military base after every commercial break and of course, the female news reporter. She was hilarious!


"I can't believe I'm the comedy relief!"

That got you, huh? Knew it.

Listen- if you want to watch a crazy alien movie, then find yourself a copy of 51! I'm not saying it was good, but it was awesome!

Be back soon to talk more bad movies with ya!

Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment

DreamHost promo